Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OUT 219--FREE TIME presents UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT AT SAVOR July 7, 2007















HERRE ARE PICS FROM FREE TIME's POST JULY 4 EVENT UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT AT SAVOR (PICS BY MA'ATOLOGY)






Fox 2's Summer Knowles and friend Schalene Hosuton...CENTER PIC: Some fliers of the event....Michelle Freiner and FREE TIME's Darryl Frierson....FREE TIME's Adrian Saddler and his cuz Brian Gilbert (whose handshake can crack walnuts.LOL.....





Onlookers in the hip-hop room....a fashion shoot goin on in one of the regal rooms....














Dj Nappy Needles in the hip hop rooms.....Patrons in the dining area of the resturaunt bar
































One of the sitting areas and the bar.
























The Egyptic adornments on the wall.














The hip-hop room aka the Egyptic room



























This was the men's bathroom with a fireplace!






EVENT-VIEWZ. On Saturday, I checked out Free Time's event Uptown Saturday Night at this spot called savor located on Lindell and Boyle. Savor is what you call a neighborhood restaurant housed in an elaborately renovated historic mansion (I can just imagine how much a glass of water is in this spot!) .


The spot designed with a contemporary flourish (white table-clothed restaurant, bar and intimate theatre , regal rooms, and and outdoor garden patio)


This was my first time here and I must say I have never known this spot to be there (even when I was working at the St. Louis American for three years which is a few doors down from it) I was very impressed with the locale and atmosphere. Very chic and classy. Their comepetion was at the Loft (which was also free before 10) but I definitely wanted to check out Savor, a newer spot and where I havent been before.


Just when you enter (Oh the event was free til 10:30 BTW) there is the bar area with a plasma screen (that was showing STLONFIRE and STLONLINE pics on STL socialtes, toward the right was the resturant area and dining and waitng area (Wished it would have been at least some appetizers there while people sat and schmoozed). Upstairs were the restrooms (The men's bathroom lookD like a den with a fireplace), and about two more big regal rooms up therre.

HIGHLIGHHTS:

*A Party Man with dreads danced all nite (lierallY) as he was the focus of attention dancin on the ceiling in the hip-hop room wheer DJ Needles spun on the 1s and 2s and a couple fo hundred tried to squeeze in the 100 sq ft room!

*There was this one sista who kept asking me why wont I smile throuighout the nite . It was gettin on my nerves, but I played it off and smiled at her. If that wa sher way of flirtin, I didnt get it.
* I had an interseting convo with educator and actress Camille Morgan (aka the Grayhaired Bombshell) about my name Ma'at and how local critics didnt like the play "Johnnie Taylor Comes Home" that she acted in last year at the Midlred Bastion Theatre and her boustier. LOL
*Just as it was closing time (around 1sh) one of the owners of Savor walked in the doorway where I was standing and said that it was time for the party to shut down. I guess he thought I was one of the bouncers cause of the black cap I had on I guess, but it throughme for a loop.

All in all, it was great atmosphere, schmoozing (and hookin up, too) and dancing. FREE TIME said that they were goign to use the spot again for their anniversary in October. Good choice!

No comments: